1. Responding with “The name definitely rings a bell” when asked if you’ve heard of him. The truth is, that person broke your heart a long time ago, but you still flinch hearing his name.
2. Crying into your knees under the shower and letting the tears wash away down the drain with the water, so you can pretend that you never even cried at all. No one can hear you in there, either.
3. Avoiding meeting someone new, even if it’s just for a friendly coffee date, because you know you couldn’t get attached again.
4. Asking a friend of his “So, how’s he doing anyway?”, one question that hides a million real questions that you’re scared to know the answers to, like “Has he said anything to you about me?” or “Is it killing him, too?”
5. Faking having a good time with your friends on a girly night out, when all you really want to do is go home and sleep so you don’t have to think about it any longer.
6. Checking your phone literally every other minute for a phone call that never comes.
7. Curling up into a ball under your duvet in his clothes, begging for that smell back. You know the one.
8. Just saying “Not that one, it’s pretty boring” ever so casually when you friend picks out a movie you watched with him. You couldn’t stand to see the parts the two of you once laughed at together.
9. Seeing or reading something that makes your heart physically drop in public, but having to act fine about it.
10. Waking up every morning and knowing… feeling in your soul… that today is going to be just as painful as the others, without him."
Forgot I wrote this!! 😋(via your-daisyfreshgirl)
So fucking accurate right now